Monday, June 6, 2011

A couple of Summer Outfits

I made a couple of outfits for my son's friend for this summer. I must tell you that Sweet pea fell in love with this outfit so I guess I will be making her one now too! lol I used a pattern that she bought,  McCall's M6313

What I really like about this pattern is that it is easy to sew and follow that directions but the elastic seamed to take forever! Seven rows of the little suckers! Other than that it wasn't bad. For Sweet pea's I am going to make the ties longer and have them knot through the button holes.


I don't know why but this picture flipped around when I uploaded it on here. (?)

And a peasant dress with a little ruffle at the bottom. I made like the one for Sweet pea here but then made it with a fitted waist with a gathered skirt. Very easy fix! I seen this idea on another blog site. She bought a pattern and made her with a scalloped edge at the bottom for Easter dresses, very pretty!! (Sorry but I don't remeber what blog though.)

This is one of my favorite fabric from Hobby Lobby! I used the same fabric for the ruffle as for the sleeves.

I hope you ladies are having a great summer for far! We are here! :)

Happy Sewing!
Sharon

5 comments:

  1. I love the peasant dress, the ruffle bits are so lovely and you chose a very cute section of the fabric to make them. I love the fabric!! it's so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is darling! We found your blog through a link party and LOVE it! We are your newest followers and would love for you to follow our blog!

    www.sixsistersstuff.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the dresses! The ruffle details are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it. I found your blog through a lik party and LOVE IT SO MUCH! I'm your new follower and I'd love if you follow myblog, too!

    http://mycraftyourcraft.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments